2022 CONTEST RULES
DRUM CONTEST RULES
- BE RESPECTFUL AND MINDFUL OF YOUR DRUM AND OTHER SINGING GROUPS, INCLUDING THE WHISTLE CARRIERS.
- No alcohol consumed or any form of drugs allowed. Singers caught under the influence, will be removed from the pow-wow.
- ALL drums must respect their drum area. Keep it clean. A trash bag will be given to you per grand entry.
- ALL drums must have a minimum of 8 singers and maximum of 12 singers. All singers must be registered to one drum.
- 5 Singers at drum AT ALL TIMES.
- DEDUCTIONS: 1) 5 points deduction per missing singer during roll calls and during the contest songs. 2) 10 point deduction for “Stunt Devel”: or non-registered singer(s) for roll calls and contest songs.
- NO drum hopping.
- 4 push-ups on contest songs & inter-tribals.
- Enjoy yourselves, sing your best and again be respectful.
- Any complaints from a drum and/or singer will be resolved by the Drum Judge. ALL BALLOTS ARE FINAL.
Head Drum Judge
Pow-Wow Committee, 2022
DANCE CONTEST RULES
- You must show tribal I.D. or CDIB to compete.
- Dancers must be registered in one category only and appropriate age group in order to compete.
- Point system will begin at Grand Entry on Friday afternoon.
- Dancers will be ready to compete when their category is called. If the group is divided you must stay in the group you are assigned.
- Deductions for late entrances during the competition/grand entry will be made at the discretion of the judges.
- Should a major part of the regalia fall to the floor during a contest, dancer must disqualify him/herself or by the judge.
- Royalty may not wear sash or crown during dance competition.
- This is a drug, alcohol and firearm free event. Zero-tolerance is enforced. Any suspicion of any, you will be escorted off the property.
- Any questions regarding the dance or singing contest should be directed to that particular judge.
- Family members of dancers may not judge that contest.
- Dancers should display good sportsmanship at all times. If not, points will be deducted or disqualified from the entire competition.
The Tribal Fair event will adhere to Hard Rock Hollywood’s CDC Guidance.
Please visit https://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com for more information.
Tribal Fair & Pow Wow (TFPW) reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by TFPW, without the expressed written permission of those
included within the photograph/video. TFPW may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by TFPW including but not
limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.